CHIEF MINISTER OF ASSAM
||SHRI SARBANANDA SONOWAL
||99 - Majuli (ST)
||Late Jibeswar Sonowal
||Late Dineswari Sonowal
|Date of Birth
||31st october, 1962|
|Place of Birth
||Mulukgaon, Chabua, Assam.
||Opp. Auniati Sakha Sattra,
Mankata Road, Lakhmi Nagar,
Kacharibari, Dibrugarh, Assam - 786003.
- Arts Graduate (B.A.) from D.H.S.K. College, Dibrugarh University.
- Law Graduate (L.L.B.) from G. U. Law College, Gauhati University.
- Degree of Communication & Journalism from Gauhati University
1992 - 1999 :
1994 - 2004 :
- Former President - All Assam Students Union (AASU) in office two consecutive terms.
2001 - 2004 :
- Former Chairman - North East Students Organisation (NESO), the umbrella student organisation spread across the seven North-Eastern States.
2004 - 2009 :
- Elected as MLA, Assam Legislative Assembly from Moran Constituency.
- Elected as Member of Parliament, 14th lok Sabha from Dibrugarh Constituency.
- Appointed as National Executive Member of Bharatiya Janata Party.
- Appointed as State Spokesperson and General Secretary for Assam Bharatiya Janata Party
- Appointed as State President for Bharatiya Janata Party, Assam Pradesh Committee.
27.05-2014 - 09.11-2014 :
- Re-elected as Member of Parliament for 16th Lok Sabha from Lakhimpur Constituency, Assam.
10.11.2014 - 22.05.2016 :
- Joined as Minister of State (Independent Charges) for Skill Development, Entrepreneurship and Youth Affairs and Sports.
Nov., 2015 - till date :
- Minister of State (Independent Charges) for Youth Affairs and Sports.
- Re-appointed as State President for Bharatiya Janata Party, Assam Pradesh Committee.
|Favourite Pastime and Recreation (Hobbies)
||Playing cricket, football, badminton and reading.|
||Lead in repealing of the IMDT Act which was finally scrapped by the Supreme Court of India in July, 2005
|Political Party Affiliation
||Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)
|Date on which elected to the 14th Assembly